Taking on the challenge of raising a puppy is similar to bringing home a baby from the hospital. You are going to be filled with unexpected accidents, late night whining tangents and lovely piles of poop in the weirdest places.
All is usually fine and dandy until your puppy or dog gets the “runs” whether it be the first time or the tenth time. Panic usually sets in and then the long journey online trying to figure out how to stop diarrhea in dogs.
Because we know how easily you can find misleading information online, we have decided to compile a brief list of the top 7 tips to get rid of the runs. Keep in mind, knowing how to stop diarrhea in dogs is only one step, you also need to take note of any changes with your dog while he or she is suffering with the runny bowel movements.
Click here and discover how you can get rid of your dog’s diarrhea naturally and fast
What you need to do first:
1. Figure out why your dog has diarrhea in the first place. This might mean you need to become an investigator. Look for signs that your dog got into something that was not safe for him to consume. Look at trash, shoes, chemicals, plants and anything you can think of that might look fun to eat to a dog.
2. Make a note of the approximate time your dog started with the runny stools. Keep up with this runny tally so you have an idea of how frequently he is going to the bathroom.
3. Make sure he is drinking enough water to stay hydrated.
4. Pay attention to his behavior and make notes of any changes. For example, depression, loss of appetite or lethargy. Immediately notify your vet if any of the previous occur, this could be a sign of something more serious than an upset tummy.
What you can do to stop the diarrhea:
5. It is very possible the food you are feeding your dog is the cause for the diarrhea. Try changing his food to a hypoallergenic dog food. If you recently changed dog foods, switch back and make the change slowly when the dog is feeling better. To gradually change the dog food you should mix small amounts of the new food in with the old food and increase slightly on a daily basis.
6. Cook for your pup! You can prepare small amounts of white rice and add boiled chicken. In small amounts, feed this mixture to your dog and if he consumes it and is able to hold it down you should begin to see the bowel movements gradually heading back to the norm for your dog.
7. Make sure your dog is drinking plenty of water. Diarrhea can lead to dehydration which can lead to a wide array of other complications with your dog.
Knowing how to stop diarrhea in dogs is only part of the knowledge you need to have as a dog owner. You have to also know how to recognize the signs of something more serious. Notify your vet if your dog has diarrhea for longer than 24 hours, has blood in the stool or any weight loss that is noticeable.
Don’t let your dog suffer from diarrhea any longer. Discover the fast-acting solution which will help to regulate your dog’s intestinal functions. Click here for more details now.