It is very common for dogs to experience loose bowels for a couple of days. Thus, dog owners should be aware of some natural home remedies to treat the problem. Although the illness does not necessarily require a vet, a careful monitoring of your dog is always needed.
- Abdominal pain
- Repeated vomiting
- Dry gums
- Traces of blood in the stool
- Dog turns sluggish
- Weight loss
Causes of Dog Diarrhea
- Consumption of unhealthy food
- Bacterial and viral infection
- Problems associated to the enzymes of pancreas
- Food allergy
- Eating indigestible objects – plastic, stone, etc.
- Intestinal track irritation
- Eating poisonous elements such as insecticides
Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Dogs
1. If you detect any signs of diarrhea, avoid feeding your dog for one day. Instead, give your dog just a plain diet.
2. Always keep your dog hydrated. Though food is not provided, never skip giving your dog water.
3. Give your dog boiled rice, chicken or burger. If chicken is used, be sure to remove the skin and do not put spices.
4. When feeding, give only in small quantities three times a day. Slowly introduce its natural diet when the dog starts to get better.
5. In order to regulate bowel movements, feed your dog with either fresh or canned pumpkin.
6. Give your dog with low fat cheese and yogurt.
7. Plantaeris is said to be one of the most effective home remedies/supplements for dog diarrhea.
8. Put probiotic powder in your dog’s drinking water to help it recuperate from diarrhea. Also incorporate some glutamine and herbs to the food that they consume.
9. Avoid giving snacks, bones, and left over to the dog to prevent intestinal tract irritation.
10. Give your dog Pepto Bismol every after six hours. Follow the instructions regarding the dosage because body weight must be taken into consideration. Pepto Bismol also provides relief from vomiting.
It is always important to know the right information if you want to treat your dog from any illness. Home remedies for dog diarrhea are simple to follow. If your dog demonstrates some recuperation signs in a few days, then there is no need to worry. However, if infections or serious problems arise, better consult a vet. Do not take it for granted because diarrhea can be very critical.
Don’t let your dog suffer from diarrhea any longer. Discover the fast-acting solution which will help to regulate your dog’s intestinal functions. Click here for more details now.