It can be distressing when your dog is ill; after all, many people consider their dogs as an extension to their family or their children. There are many symptoms of being ill but chronic diarrhea in dogs can be one of the most common problems; most dogs will suffer from this at least once in their life.
There are many reasons for chronic diarrhea in dogs; some extremely serious and others that will clear within 24 hours. Here are the top five reasons for your dog showing these symptoms.
1. Food Poisoning. This is one of the least worrying when it comes to your dog’s illness. Dogs can get food poisoning, just like any human. It is common if you are feeding your dog scraps from your plate. The diarrhea should only last 24 hours, if it is any longer then you need to take you dog to the vet.
2. Diet. What your dog eats could play a part in its diarrhea. Over eating or foods with high fat content can cause diarrhea. Keep an eye on your dog and if the symptom persists, speak to your vet.
3. Infections. If your dog is suffering from an infection in the intestines then one symptom would be diarrhea. This is when you need to look at the color of your dog’s stools. If they are black or there is blood in them, that could indicate an infection. Many infections can be caused by a number of things such as your dog’s diet, any allergies your dog may have and even parasites.
4. Metabolic Diseases. This includes kidney infections and liver diseases, but there are many others that are much more serious. Another sign would be if your dog is vomiting, the two are usually present together when it comes to diseases.
5. Parasites. These would be tapeworms or roundworms and they usually play a large part in gastric problems, including diarrhea. You should have your dog wormed everything three months, which can be done by a vet, to stop parasites from making your dog ill.
Looking after your dog is extremely important; it cannot tell you outright when there is something wrong. If you think that it is ill, keep an eye on it. It is important to watch for any chronic diarrhea in dogs because if it does last for more than 24 hours you need to get it to a vet. The sooner you get your dog treated, the easier the problem is to treat; and the more likely your dog will make a dull recovery without any problems.
Don’t let your dog suffer from diarrhea any longer. Discover the fast-acting solution which will help to regulate your dog’s intestinal functions. Click here for more details now.